“USAway” International Travel Major Medical insurance plan covers US citizens and residents, while traveling OUTSIDE the US. (If you are a non-US resident looking for coverage WHILE VISITING THE US – please click here ).
Eligible expenses and benefits:
- Hospital Expenses: All medically necessary expenses while hospitalized.
- Physician Services: All medically necessary expenses for treatment.
- Medical Evacuation: All medically necessary expenses for stabilization and transportation to the facility nearest your home, which can provide the appropriate care up to $250,000.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities: All medically necessary expenses if confinement begins following a medically necessary hospital confinement of 3 days or longer.
- Home Health Care: All medically necessary expenses if hospitalization would have been required if Home Health Care was not provided and the care is provided in accordance with a written plan established, approved and followed by a physician.
- Ambulance Services Expenses: To and from a hospital within 100 miles in the same geographic area.
- Follow Me Home: Provides benefits for any injury or illness which occurs while in the USA. Benefits are limited to 7 days for every month of time outside the USA.
- Trip Cancellation Benefit: If within two weeks prior to your pre-paid ticketed or vouchered initial trip departure your entire trip must be cancelled due to 1) your death, illness or injury causing hospitalization or outpatient surgery, or 2) the death of an Immediate Family member, or 3) the substantial destruction of your home due to fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, any unused and nonrefundable portion of expenses shall be reimbursed up to a maximum of $2,500, excess of $100 each and every loss and excess of all other valid Insurances.
- Lost Luggage: In the event that your checked on luggage is completely and totally lost, Underwriters shall reimburse you to a maximum of $500, excess of any and all other valid and collectible coverages.
- Prescription Drugs: Outpatient prescription medications covered up to a maximum of $500.
- Emergency Return Home: If, after you have departed, you learn of the death of an Immediate Family Member, or you learn of the substantial destruction of your home by fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, Underwriters shall reimburse you the cost of an economy one way air or ground transportation ticket for you to your home, up to a maximum of $5,000.
- $25,000 Accidental Death: $50,000 if accidental death occurs while riding as a passenger of a common carrier.
- Repatriation of Remains: In the event of death, Underwriters will reimburse the cost of delivery of your remains to a mortuary nearest your home up to $250,000.
- War & Terrorism Coverage – Underwriters will reimburse You for Eligible Expenses which are incurred as a result of Injuries or Illnesses sustained due to war/terrorism or act of war/terrorism. Injuries or Illnesses due to war/terrorism or act of war/terrorism involving the use or release of any nuclear weapon or device or chemical or biological agent, regardless of any contributory cause(s) are not covered with this benefit.
Sports and activities included in basic coverage:
Included are injuries and accidents due to the following Sports and Activities: Participation in the
following sports or activities are covered at no additional premium and without the need for prior declaration, when participating on a recreational and non professional basis during the term of insurance. Any involvement in these sports and/or activities is subject to your compliance with local laws and regulations and the use of recommended safety equipment (including but not limited to helmet, harness, knee and/or elbow pads).
• Banana boating
• Body boarding (boogie boarding) up to 10 foot waves
• Canoeing/kayaking/rafting (grade 1 only)
• Cross country running
• Cycling (street)
• Deep sea fishing
• Elephant riding
• Go karting
• Hot air ballooning (organized pleasure rides only)
• Indoor climbing (on climbing wall)
• Jet boating
• Paint balling/war games (wearing eye protection)
• Parasailing (over water)
• Running (non-competitive and not marathon)
• Sailing/yachting (if qualified or accompanied by a qualified person and no racing)
• Spear fishing up to 30 feet (without tanks)
• Swimming with dolphins
• Table tennis
• Trap shooting
• Trekking/hiking (without the need for climbing equipment) up to 10,000 feet above sea level
• Tug of war
• Zorbing/hydro zorbing/sphering
The basic coverage for Sports or Activities does not cover (without the additional optional rider): 1. any sport and/or activity not listed above, or 2. any activity you do as a high school athlete, college athlete, semi-professional athlete, professional athlete, or in a race, or 3. any activity carried out against local warnings or advice, or 4. any activity if it is not carried out in a safe way, or 5. any activity if you act irresponsibly or put yourself in needless danger.
Optional Hazardous Sports and Activities Rider
– Hazardous Sports or Activities are the following list of activities which are considered to be more than a standard risk. This optional rider will provide up to $250,000 for eligible expenses incurred by participation in the following:
• Bungee Jumping
• Driving/Riding a motor scooter
• Hang Gliding
• Horseback Riding (no jumping)
• Hiking/Trekking (without the need for climbing equipment) up to 20,000 feet above sea level
• Jet Skiing
• Mountaineering up to 10,000 feet
• Roller skating/ inline skating
• Scuba diving (up to depth of 60 feet if PADI or equivalent qualified or accompanied by qualified instructor and not diving alone)
• Skydiving with an instructor
• Snow Skiing/ Snowboarding (excluding back country and helicopter skiing/boarding)
• Snowmobiling (trail riding only)
• Surfing up to 10 foot waves
• Tree canopy tours / Zip lining / rappelling
• Wake Boarding
• White Water Rafting / canoeing / kayaking (grades 2-4 only).
Optional Hazardous Sports or Activities Does Not Include: 1. any sport and/or activity not listed in the Optional Hazardous Sports and Activities Rider description, or 2. any activity you do as a high school athlete, college athlete, semi-professional athlete, professional athlete, or in a race, or 3. any activity carried out against local warnings or advice, or 4. any activity if it is not carried out in a safe way, or 5. any activity if you act irresponsibly or put yourself in needless danger.
If you’re looking for specific coverage to include other athletic activities, college athlete, semi-professional athlete, professional athlete, or in a race – contact us for a disability insurance coverage.