If you’re visiting the United States and are not a resident or US citizen, then this is the Health Insurance plan you need:
(US citizens and residents traveling OUTSIDE the US looking for TRAVEL health insurance, click here instead).
International Major Medical Plan for:
• Non US Citizens while in the USA
• Resident Aliens while in the USA
• Religious Pursuits
• VISA Requirements
• Occupation Outsourcing
• Foreign Exchange Students
• Relatives Visiting From Abroad
Description of policy benefits:
The insurance being described is a temporary major medical insurance plan with a maximum term length of 11 Months. Eligible expenses caused by an illness or injury and incurred from any doctor or any hospital within the specified geographic area will be reimbursed to you.
- Hospital Expenses: All medically necessary expenses while hospitalized.
- Physician Services: All medically necessary expenses for treatment.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities: All medically necessary expenses if confinement begins following a medically necessary hospital confinement of 3 days or longer.
- Home Health Care: All medically necessary expenses if hospitalization would have been required if Home Health Care was not provided and the care is provided in accordance with a written plan established, approved and followed by a physician.
- Medical Evacuation: All medically necessary expenses for stabilization and transportation to the facility nearest your home, which can provide the appropriate care up to $250,000.
- $25,000 Accidental Death: $50,000 if accidental death occurs while riding as a passenger of a common carrier.
- Ambulance Services Expenses: To and from a hospital within 100 miles in the same geographic area.
- Prescription Drugs: Outpatient prescription medications covered up to a maximum of $500.
- Emergency Return Home: If, after you have departed, you learn of the death of an Immediate Family Member, or you learn of the substantial destruction of your home by fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, Underwriters shall reimburse you the cost of an economy one way air or ground transportation ticket for you to your home, up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Trip Cancellation Benefit: If within two weeks prior to your pre-paid ticketed or vouchered initial trip departure your entire trip must be cancelled due to 1) your death, illness or injury causing hospitalization or outpatient surgery, or 2) the death of an Immediate Family member, or 3) the substantial destruction of your home due to fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, any unused and nonrefundable portion of expenses shall be reimbursed up to a maximum of $2,500, excess of $100 each and every loss and excess of all other valid Insurances.
- Repatriation of Remains: In the event of death, Underwriters will reimburse the cost of delivery of your remains to a mortuary nearest your home up to $250,000.
- Lost Luggage: In the event that your checked on luggage is completely and totally lost, Underwriters shall reimburse you to a maximum of $500, excess of any and all other valid and collectible coverages.
- War & Terrorism Coverage – Underwriters will reimburse You for Eligible Expenses which are incurred as a result of Injuries or Illnesses sustained due to war/terrorism or act of war/terrorism. Injuries or Illnesses due to war/terrorism or act of war/terrorism involving the use or release of any nuclear weapon or device or chemical or biological agent, regardless of any contributory cause(s) are not covered with this benefit.
Included Sports and Activities:
Sports or Activities included in Your coverage. Participation in the following sports or activities are covered at no additional premium and without the need for prior declaration, when participating on a recreational and non professional basis during the term of insurance. Any involvement in these sports and/or activities is subject to your compliance with local laws and regulations and the use of recommended safety equipment (including but not limited to helmet, harness, knee and/or elbow pads).
• Body boarding (boogie boarding) up to 10 foot waves
• Canoeing/kayaking/rafting (grade 1 only)
• Cross country running
• Cycling (street)
• Deep sea fishing
• Go karting
• Gymnastics (non-competitive)
• Hot air ballooning (organized pleasure rides only)
• Indoor climbing (on climbing wall)
• Jet boating
• Martial arts/karate (non-competitive)
• Paint balling/war games (wearing eye protection)
• Parasailing (over water)
• Running (non-competitive and not marathon)
• Sailing/yachting (if qualified or accompanied by a qualified person and no racing)
• Spear fishing up to 30 feet (without tanks)
• Table tennis
• Trap shooting
• Trekking/hiking (without the need for climbing equipment) up to 10,000 feet above sea level
• Tug of war
Basic coverage for Sports or Activities does not include (without adding the optional hazardous activities rider): 1. any sport and/or activity not listed above, or 2. any activity you do as a high school athlete, college athlete, semi-professional athlete, professional athlete, or in a race, or 3. any activity carried out against local warnings or advice, or 4. any activity if it is not carried out in a safe way, or 5. any activity if you act irresponsibly or put yourself in needless danger.
Optional Hazardous Sports and Activities Rider
– Hazardous Sports or Activities are the following list of activities which are considered to be more than a standard risk. This optional rider will provide up to $250,000 for eligible expenses incurred by participation in the following:
• Bungee Jumping
• Driving/Riding a motor scooter
• Hang Gliding
• Horseback Riding (no jumping)
• Hiking/Trekking (without the need for climbing equipment) up to 20,000 feet above sea level
• Ice Skating (non-competitive)
• Jet Skiing
• Mountaineering up to 10,000 feet
• Roller skating/ inline skating
• Scuba diving (up to depth of 60 feet if PADI or equivalent qualified or accompanied by qualified instructor and not diving alone)
• Skydiving with an instructor
• Snow Skiing/ Snowboarding (excluding back country and helicopter skiing/boarding)
• Snowmobiling (trail riding only)
• Surfing up to 10 foot waves
• Tree canopy tours / Zip lining / rappelling
• Wake Boarding
• White Water Rafting / canoeing / kayaking (grades 2-4 only).
Optional Hazardous Sports or Activities Does Not Include: 1. any sport and/or activity not listed in the Optional Hazardous Sports and Activities Rider description, or 2. any activity you do as a high school athlete, college athlete, semi-professional athlete, professional athlete, or in a race, or 3. any activity carried out against local warnings or advice, or 4. any activity if it is not carried out in a safe way, or 5. any activity if you act irresponsibly or put yourself in needless danger.